BOTOX® AND DERMAL FILLERS
We now have a team of plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons to provide you with a professional, expert service for Botox, Dermal Fillers and plastic surgery. Please note that we do NOT have GP's, Dermatologists, nurses or any other such people doing Botox and other injections in our clinic - ONLY specialists whose training and expertise is in cosmetic surgery, and particularly facial cosmetic enhancement.
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE MEDISPA JOUVENCE MONTREAL FOR BOTOX and DERMAL FILLERS?
1. ALL your injections will be performed by Dr. L . Lessard, Chief of Plastic Surgery for the MUHC. We have ONLY had plastic surgeons in our clinic - cosmetic specialists who have studied the physiology and structure of the face, and who have specialized training in cosmetic facial procedures and plastic surgery. Others such as Dermatologists, GPs and nurses do not have this same specialized training and experience. Their medical training was focussed on other subjects, not cosmetics. They are surely experts in their field without doubt; just not cosmetic procedures and surgery to the same extent. So why pay the same to have them treat you when you can see a specialist in the field? Why have your injections done by a nurse when they can be done by a plastic surgeon?
2. Our specialists are all Canadian educated and trained plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons who also have special further training in prestigious US universities and hospitals.
3. When choosing a specialist for Botox and Fillers, it is important to choose someone who has artistic talent and a light touch; injecting Botox is as much or more an ART a science, and no two doctors are alike.
3. We take a different approach to injecting products like Botox - too much will cost you more and you will not look natural. It's safer to inject less and we can always add more later if you wish. Some doctors inject a lot at once - this costs more and also you might not like the results.
4. Our clinic is smaller and more intimate; we designed it like this deliberately because we know that privacy and personal attention is very important. Our celebrity clients like this a lot; and on special instances, we will open up early or late for our clients if they want privacy or anonymity. All to say - we provide a private, personal, confidential and individual service. We don't have a large waiting room where ten or twenty people sit looking at each other! That's not how we treat our clients.
5. At Medispa Jouvence we take a total approach to the "look" you want - Botox and Fillers are great but you might consider rejuvenating the overall tone and freshness of the skin as well. Other clinics may have specialist physicians but most do not have experienced and expert medical aestheticians like the renowned Lorie Docker for these skin treatments (see her testimonials on this site). If you wish, she will perform medical grade treatments with her line of exclusive products to complement the Botox and Fillers. The total "look" that will be fantastic!
6. We do not do that big group-cut rate price advertising at "50% off" etc. The doctors doing these can only make any kind of profit at all by using doubtful products, or by injecting smaller amounts of product than they should or that you would expect. Some also accomplish their aims by extremely fast (or no) consults and time spent with you. None of this is good for you. The old adage "you get what you pay for" certainly applies here, except you could also end up with poor or no results for the money you spend. The "doctors" that do this kind of thing are only interested in one person, and it's not you!
Our business philosophy is different - we believe in charging less, not more, whenever possible; we believe in using less product, not more, whenever possible, and we believe that if you are happy with the results, and the price, you will return, and you will tell your friends. We believe in word-of-mouth advertising (see our web site) and we don't run large ads in the newspaper. Why? - because unlike those doctors that do, we don't need to! Because the best advertising is our clients and their satisfied recommendations.
7. Our prices are extremely competitive and we never overcharge.
8. We only use products from reputable US companies like Allergan, the supplier of Botox, Restylane and Juvéderm. Other clinics offering cut rate prices or group sales may be using products made in Asia - more and more are coming into Canada. They will not tell you they are using a cheap product, unless you ask, and then then they may not! It's the US companies like Allergan that first developed products like Botox, and their products have been successfully used now for over 20 years in Canada and the US. Other foreign products have not been developed, tested, and certified in the way Allergan products are, and do not have their long, safe track record.
9. MediSpa Jouvence has a fantastic reputation for results and for honesty; we never overcharge, and we will never treat someone who should not be treated. Our testimonials speak for themselves. The same level of excellence in care applies to our doctors. We only work with ethical, experienced cosmetic specialists who have the interests of the Clients at heart.
10. Last, we are very easy to get to! - we are right opposite the Atwater metro (Westmount Square Exit) and there is plentiful, reasonably priced indoor and outdoor parking around our building.
WRINKLE TREATMENTS WITH BOTOX MONTREAL
Certain wrinkles can be successfully treated with a protein called Botulinism Toxin (of which Botox® is a trade name). In cosmetic use the amount of Botox used is small and extremely safe. It reversibly weakens the muscles responsible for dynamic wrinkles which are lines that appear when you animate your face. Static wrinkles are lines that appear at rest. These do not usually improve as much with Botox (or Botox alone) and may be treated with Dermal Fillers such as Restylane and Juvéderm.
What's loved by both clients and A-list celebrities is that Botox® injections are one of the most affordable, fastest working and most effective non-surgical beauty treatments available, and a good alternative for those who don't want any kind of surgery but still want a marked improvement. Montreal is known as "Hollywood North"; many celebrities come for shooting and we have worked with several.
During Botox treatment, very low doses of are administered via a few tiny injections, with a very fine needle, directly into the surface of the muscles that cause lines and wrinkles. A treatment is usually done in about 20 minutes and no recovery time is needed. Within about 2- 3 days you will see an improvement, with the full effects becoming visible up to 14 days after treatment. The results can then last around three to six months.
The end result of Botox treatments, in combination with Dermal Fillers, is a younger, smoother looking face with few or no wrinkles.
What types of wrinkles can be treated with BOTOX MONTRAL?
There are three main types of wrinkles that can be treated with Botox
Frown wrinkles (Glabella wrinkles) are often seen in patients with excessive sun exposure or those who have over-activity of muscles associated with frowning. Frown wrinkles are vertical lines just above the nose, that can signal emotions such as anger, anxiety, or fear. People with these lines complain their friends and family think they are frowning, angry and unhappy, when they are really not. These frown wrinkles can easily be treated well with Botox with excellent results.
Forehead wrinkles appear in horizontal lines in the area between the eyebrows and the hairline. These wrinkles are formed during facial expression to convey emotions such as surprise or empathy. Over time they often become permanent though and make you look older.
Eye Wrinkles (Crow's Feet)
Crow's Feet wrinkles (Periorbital wrinkles) are in the outer corner of the eyes and appear more prominent when laughing or smiling. Crow's Feet wrinkles can result from excessive sun exposure or with the skin becoming less elastic with age.
Are BOTOX MONTREAL treatments safe?
Botox as a muscle relaxant has an excellent safety record and a long history of use in medicine. It has been used cosmetically to treat facial wrinkles for about 15 years and has become one of the most popular and frequently used cosmetic treatments. Any complications that have occurred can invariably be traced to its use in sites where it is not supposed to be used or by people who are not properly trained.
How do I choose a BOTOX MONTREAL clinic?
There are plenty of doctors and nurses claiming to be Botox specialists—who have no business whatsoever at the working end of a syringe. What many people don’t realize is that the optimal application of Botox requires as much or more artistry as well as scientific training. In the same way that you would never hire a portrait artist solely on the basis that they graduated art academy, you should never engage a Botox specialist merely because they attended medical school. The best strategy is to seek out the established masters of facial enhancement— plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons - who are specialists with an artistic talent, a light touch, and sterling credentials. At MediSpa Jouvence we only have plastic surgeons or facial plastic surgeons with an expertise in treating the FACE. Some clinics have GP's, some use nurses to give the injections; other doctors like Podiatrists are even doing it!
We are Botox experts and facial experts. Our specialty and advanced training over several years is in doing cosmetic treatments.
The art of treating with Botox involves giving just the right amount. Too little and you won’t see much effect; use too much and your face will look frozen or unnatural. Injecting Botox (and Dermal Fillers) is as much, or more, an art as much as a science. There are many ways Botox can be injected; some work better than others. This is why you should be treated by professionals who have received specialist training.
We prefer to take a conservative approach and see you after 2 weeks for a follow-up, and top- up the originally treated areas if indicated, usually without charge. Our aim is that you should be happy with the effect. THIS is our ultimate objective.
Who can have BOTOX ?
Both men and women use Botox. Most people can use it; however there are some contraindications. There would not necessarily be a problem but we always err on the side of caution.
A. Botox should not be used for:
People with infection at the proposed injection site.
People who have previously had an allergic reaction to Botulinum toxin type A injections.
People with muscle problems or chronic diseases affecting the muscles, such as Myasthenia Gravis, Muscular Dystrophy, Lou Gehrig's disease, Eaton Lambert syndrome.
Children under the age of 18 years.
Women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
Those who have taken antibiotics a week prior to injection.
Those taking muscle relaxants ( including OTC products such as Tylenol for muscle pain).
B. Botox should be used cautiously for:
People at risk of bleeding as there is an increased risk of bruising post procedure. These include people who have blood clotting disorders such as Hemophilia, those who are taking treatments with anticoagulant medicines such as Warfarin, Heparin, Aspirin and Anti-Inflammatory medicines. Certain herbal remedies such as Gingko Biloba, St John’s Wort and Vitamin E.
People with excessive weakness or wasting in the muscle to be injected, such as those patients with history of Stroke or Bell’s palsy.
People with chronic breathing problems.
It is important for your health to please let the doctor know if any of the above (A or B) apply to you.
Does the injection hurt?
Botox injections are relatively painless as the injections are performed using a very fine needle. Your physician may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. Apart from this patients do not require any anesthesia. The full treatment takes about 20 minutes to perform and you are able to drive and go to work the same day.
What am I going to look like immediately after the BOTOX Montreal procedure?
Side effects associated with the injections include localized temporary pain, slight swelling, a sometimes a little redness, and possibly a little bruising, but most of these effects settle within one to two hours.
How Long Do The Effects of BOTOX MONTREAL Last?
It can take about 2-14 days to see the full effects after the initial treatment. The cosmetic effects can last up to six months but typically range from three to four months. Eventually most people require repeat treatment as the wrinkles reappear. However in some treated areas (such as frown wrinkles), the wrinkles may return less severe after repeated treatments as the unconscious muscle contraction habit is broken.
Are there any side effects?
Most people find that the injections cause only mild local pain and tenderness. Immediately after the injection there may be mild swelling at the injection site which usually subsides within 48 hours. Slight bruising is also possible. Side effects of these treatments are extremely rare. Occasionally, the treatment may relax nearby muscle groups causing temporary drooping of the eyebrow or eyelids. This may last for a few weeks but will resolve with time. As with any medicine an allergic reaction may occur, this is however quite rare. Conversely there may be some unintended benefits in some people such as easing of tension type headaches as the muscles in the forehead relax.
How often can I have treatments with BOTOX MONTREAL?
When the effect of the Botox injection wears off the wrinkles will always return to their pre treatment state. Treatments can be repeated to a minimum of three monthly intervals, but the effects may last longer for some individuals, especially if they have had previous treatments to the same area.
Will I still have expression in my face?
Botox treatments are designed to smooth dynamic wrinkles in the forehead and around eyes, they do not affect your facial expression. The final result can be tailored to each patient and can be discussed at the initial consultation.
What After-Care Advice Should I Follow?
Try to contract the treated muscle areas for up to four hours after treatment, by frowning and lifting eyebrows to allow the toxin to reach all of the treated muscle.
Avoid rubbing or touching the injected areas and avoid having facials and massage for 48 hours so that the treatment remains at the site of injection.
Avoid vigorous exercise and alcohol for 48 hours.
Tylenol can be taken for mild pain post procedure
And for four hours after treatment do not:
shampoo hair or have a scalp massage
wear anything tight on the head
lie on the treated area
do any form of exercise, or yoga
take any aspirin or aspirin containing drugs
take Vitamin E or consume alcohol
apply pressure when cleansing your face
For examples of photos Before and After BOTOX MONTREAL treatments go to
WRINKLE TREATMENTS WITH DERMAL FILLERS SUCH AS RESTYLANE AND JUVEDERM
These products consist of stabilized hyaluronic acid which is produced naturally in the cells of the skin. We use both. Each has slightly different performance characteristics; the choice is usually dictated by the doctor's assessment, the injection location, and your needs. They both work by drawing in water and therefore augmenting the skin, thus reducing the wrinkle treated. They are non-animal products and very safe to use as cosmetic fillers. They are used to smooth out and eliminate facial lines and wrinkles particularly around the mouth, eyes and in the forehead area.
They can also be used for lip enhancement.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a sugar molecule that exists naturally in almost all living organisms. It binds water and can act as a lubricant and shock absorber in movable parts of the body such as joints. It is also important for the transport of nutrients and in regulating water balance in skin.
How do dermal fillers work?
By boosting the skin’s supply of hyaluronic acid, dermal fillers revitalise and add volume to the skin, instantly diminishing the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and giving a natural softer look. Dermal fillers are a soft injectable gel consisting of stabilized, non-animal hyaluronic acid. The gel is tissue-friendly and closely resembles the hyaluronic acid that exists naturally in the body so consequently there are rarely any reactions by the body to the substance. It is long-lasting but not permanent.
What are the benefits of dermal fillers?
Dermal filler injections provide an easy way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, smooth the skin and give a more youthful appearance. The result of a single treatment can be seen instantly and can last for around 6 to 9 months. Dermal filler injections can give a natural looking result that does not affect facial expression. As your face changes over time, dermal fillers allow you to control you looks subtly as you age.
Are dermal fillers safe?
The dermal fillers used for treatments at MediSpa Jouvence are Restylane and Juvéderm which are the most scientifically documented HA based dermal fillers in the world with comprehensive studies that support their safety and efficacy. Both been used in over 10 million treatments worldwide during the last twelve to fifteen years. They are safe.
Dermal Fillers resembles the body’s own hyaluronic acid, which reduces the risk of allergic reaction. Restylane in particular is the most tried and tested HA dermal filler available today.
What areas can be treated?
Dermal fillers can be used to smooth away facial lines and wrinkles, create fuller lips and shape facial contours, such as cheeks and chin, and revitalise the skin.
The most common areas treated are:
Nose to mouth lines (the nasolabial folds)
between the eyebrows (the glabella lines)
lips (adding volume and shape)
What does dermal filler treatment involve?
During the initial consultation at MediSpa Jouvence Montreal, the doctor will discuss your treatment expectations. After discussion of what you wish to achieve and assessment of your treatment needs, the doctor will recommend which dermal filler treatment (Restylane or Juvederm) is most suitable for you.
Dermal filler is injected into the skin in small amounts using a very fine needle. The gel provides natural volume to smooth away the appearance of lines and wrinkles, enhance facial shape, or create fuller lips. Dermal filler products improve the elasticity and texture of skin, restoring and maintaining the skins hydrobalance.
The treatment is quick, typically taking about 20-30 minutes. Treatment with dermal fillers do not affect facial expression and the benefits can normally be seen instantly.
Dermal filler products are biodegradable, which means they will naturally disappear in the body. To ensure an optimal and long lasting result, a top-up treatment is recommended 6-12 months after your initial treatment. Discuss with your practitioner when a follow-up appointment may be appropriate.
After a treatment some reactions might occur, these include; are slight redness, swelling, itching, bruising, pain and tenderness. The reactions are generally mild to moderate and usually disappear shortly after injection. They typically resolve spontaneously within one or two days, but for some treatments they may last longer.
How long does a dermal filler treatment last?
One of the great advantages of dermal filler treatment is that the effects are long lasting but not permanent. Duration depends on many factors, such as the individual’s skin type, skin condition lifestyle and age. After the initial treatment, follow-up sessions are normally recommended around every 6 to 12 months depending on the individual and the treatment. A treatment of the lips lasts about 6 months.
Does dermal filler treatment need pain relief?
Generally, pain relief is not necessary when injecting into the skin to correct lines and wrinkles. Some people may experience the treatment as a mild discomfort. A local anaesthetic cream can be applied to the area for a more comfortable treatment experience.
Can everybody use dermal fillers?
Most people can benefit from dermal filler treatment. If you wish to;
reduce lines and wrinkles
create more defined or fuller lips,
define the contours of your face, such as chin or cheek, boost your skin’s vitality, for a healthier more hydrated skin tone (e.g. face, hands, neck or décolletage)
- Dermal fillers should not be used in or near areas where there is or has been skin disease, inflammation or skin related problems.
- Dermal fillers have not been tested in pregnant or breast-feeding women. Individuals with medical conditions that lower the body’s immune response or individuals undergoing therapy that is immunosuppressive may be more prone to infection by a skin injection procedure.